In UnovaRPG, the player chooses a starter Pokémon when he/she creates an account. The Pokémon starts at level 12, and can be found on maps (also at level 12).
Starter Pokémon by GenerationEdit
List of maps with starter Pokémon in UnovaRPGEdit
Slateport City: Bulbasaur
Lilycove City: Charmander
Route 119: Squirtle
Route 120: Chikorita
Rustboro City: Cyndaquil
Dewford Town: Totodile
Mauville City: Treecko
Lavaridge Town: Torchic, litten
Petalburg City: Mudkip
Fortree City: Turtwig, Snivy
Mossdeep City: Chimchar, Tepig
Sootopolis City: Piplup, Oshawott
Trivia / Fun FactsEdit
- In the early versions of UnovaRPG (during the Pokémon Indigo era), possessing Shiny Starters was illegal and could get you banned.
- Before the starters-in-maps update, low-level or basic-stage starters were often traded for rare Pokémon such as Arceus, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza and sometimes Mothim. And it was considered a good deal.
- Bulbasaur is the only basic-stage starter to ever have a secondary type in the main series. However, this was useless in UnovaRPG, since secondary types were introduced in the game after a very long time. Before that, there were no secondary types.
- Swampert (Mudkip's Stage 2 evolution) is the starter Pokémon with the highest overall stats, with a base stat total of 535.
- Three of the six Fire-Type starters have a Fire-Fighting Type Stage 2 evolution. These Pokémon are Torchic, Chimchar and Tepig.